Citizen development refers to the practice of empowering non-technical business users to create their own applications and automate their workflows.
The citizen development can be summarized as follows:
- Increased productivity: By allowing business users to create their own applications, they can automate repetitive tasks and streamline their workflows, leading to increased productivity and efficiency.
- Improved user experience: Business users have a deep understanding of their own needs and can create applications that are tailored to their specific requirements, resulting in improved user experience.
- Faster time to market: Citizen development enables the rapid creation of applications, allowing organizations to quickly test and implement new ideas, leading to faster time to market.
- Cost savings: Citizen development can reduce the need for IT resources, resulting in cost savings for the organization.
- Increased innovation: By empowering business users to create their own applications, organizations can tap into the creativity and innovative ideas of their employees, leading to increased innovation.
- Greater agility: Citizen development allows organizations to quickly respond to changing business needs and adapt to new technologies.
Citizen development can help organizations increase productivity, improve user experience, speed up time to market, reduce costs, increase innovation, and become more agile.